Jeffrey Cunningham, MD
Dr. Jeffrey Cunningham is a fellowship-trained and board-certified primary care sports medicine physician providing care for sports-related injuries and other musculoskeletal conditions, including concussion care. Dr. Cunningham specializes in the nonsurgical treatment of the ankle, back, elbow, foot, hand, hip, knee, neck, shoulder, spine, and wrist. He is dedicated to helping his patients keep moving.
Dr. Cunningham graduated from The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine in Tulsa, where he also completed his family medicine residency training. There, he later obtained further specialized expertise in nonsurgical sports medicine through a fellowship. In addition to caring for patients at Advanced Orthopedics of Oklahoma, Dr. Cunningham proudly provides sports medicine coverage for the athletic teams of The University of Tulsa, Oral Roberts University, Northeastern State University, and Union Public Schools.
When he isn’t treating athletes and patients, Dr. Cunningham also keeps an active lifestyle. He enjoys soccer, camping, climbing, hiking, and mountain biking in addition to reading and spending time with his family.
- Primary Care, Sports Medicine
- Nonsurgical Orthopedics, Concussion Management
- American Board of Family Medicine, 2017
- American Board of Family Medicine: Certificate of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine, 2018
- Bachelor of Science: The University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, 2007
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Tulsa, OK, 2012
- Family Medicine Residency: The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center College of Medicine, Tulsa, OK, 2017
- Family Medicine and Sports Medicine Fellowship: The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center College of Medicine, Tulsa, OK, 2018
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- “My doctor was excellent; he clearly explains the issue and is very knowledgeable!”– Paul H.